ONE DED FORUM
Hi, welcome to "jesus77755: SMBX Fan Forum!" and If you want to have a quick sign in, instead of clicking on the button "Log In" at the top of the page, then click the "Log In" button at the bottom! If you are new to this page, than click on the button "Register"! If you don't want this message to show again, then click "Do not display again"! Okay, have fun!

I'm Done Being A Game Developer 24l5yl13

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE DED FORUM
Hi, welcome to "jesus77755: SMBX Fan Forum!" and If you want to have a quick sign in, instead of clicking on the button "Log In" at the top of the page, then click the "Log In" button at the bottom! If you are new to this page, than click on the button "Register"! If you don't want this message to show again, then click "Do not display again"! Okay, have fun!

I'm Done Being A Game Developer 24l5yl13
ONE DED FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Done Being A Game Developer

Go down

I'm Done Being A Game Developer Empty I'm Done Being A Game Developer

Post by whydoyoufeel Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:20 am

I can't ******* stand graphic whores, I can't ******* stand them.

As an aspiring indie developer, I work day and night trying to make my game, but at the same time I keep up with the news on the latest indie game, but every single ******* video I go to, always has a ******* sarcastic graphic ***** who's like,

Some asshole wrote:Oh yay, another pixel art game, I haven't seen that one before

and it makes me want to punch the ******* user in the ******* face! I get discouraged and it turns me off. Here is a real example of one of the comments I see on every ******* indie game video,

I'm Done Being A Game Developer 15fjeyw

******* cunts like this makes my ******* blood boil and it makes me not want to develop games, if this is the ******* **** that I have to deal with on the daily basis, then I might as well ******* quit, **** it. I love pixel art but it ******* saddens me that you have cunts like him that just outright hate it and I can't ******* take it anymore. I've been reading comments like this for a ******* week, trying to hold it ******* in, but they keep on ******* coming. And i'm a bipolar ************, I suffer from anxiety and depression and reading comments like this is fuel to my mental illness, I CAN'T ******* TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE WASTED! I'VE WASTED MY MOTHERFUCKING TALENTS AS A PIXEL ARTIST ONLY JUST TO BE SPAT ON IN THE ******* FACE!!!!!

So you know what, I don't know what to do at this point.... My passion for video games has ceased to exist. Thanks to ******* cunts like this, and this isn't the only comment I have, there are millions of others I can show you, but i'm too lazy to. I'm heart broken. I love pixel art, you can see why this forum was made, it's all based on pixel art, and to have that dream taken away, I might as well just kill myself. I can't take it anymore. Pixel art is a beautiful artform, yet these ******* graphic whores ruined it for me. So when I publish my game in the future, these are the comments i'm going to get, gone are the days when we could appreciate such an artstyle. No i'm going to get ******* comments like,

fuckface wrote:Oh wow, another pixel art game... How original...

It's really depressing to think about, I tried so long, and so goddamn ******* hard to keep my sanity, but the negativity has won. Time for me to find another hobby then. I wish back when I was a kid, I learned this ****... I learned how to program at an early age. I wish I learned pixel art back in the 2000s, but this is 2018 now, I feel like its too late to make pixel art, everybody hates the artform now, and this industry is full of ******* graphic whores, they don't know how to appreciate art, appreciate the music, the story, no all they care about is the ******* graphics. I'm heartbroken as a game developer, there is no more hope, suicide is my only answer at this point. Maybe drinking... But mostly suicide. Thank you for killing my dream, thank you so much for eviscerating it to goddamn pieces.

EDIT: You know what's ironic is that you don't see people complain about 2D animation. When ever a new 2D animated show come on, how come people don't say,

Oh wow, another 2D animated show, never seen that one before...

No, ironically people even want 2D/Traditional Animation back, and have been begging disney for years to bring the artstyle back. So if people miss 2D animation and it still gets a chance, why does pixel art get so much hate? I don't get it...
whydoyoufeel
whydoyoufeel
Power Hungry Administrator

Male Posts : 510
Birthday : 1999-10-31

https://smbx1dedboi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'm Done Being A Game Developer Empty Re: I'm Done Being A Game Developer

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:58 am

Yo m8. I know how this **** feels and stuff. But, you really shouldnt listen to what other people say all the time. I doubt someone who did play pixelated games in the past would say such words. I really ******* hate people who dont appreciate older games and stuff.
I also quit programming months ago because I thought that would be for me, but Im technically mentally retarded (I need help seriously, cant stand being here), it was hard and Im usually scared of new stuff and give up easily so yeah.

Those stupid bastards is why I cant live in peace.
Just IDK what to say anymore, damn it... pissed off
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whydoyoufeel Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Mr. Mysterious wrote:I doubt someone who did play pixelated games in the past would say such words. I really ******* hate people who dont appreciate older games and stuff.

Oh trust me, I saw a comment last week, I think it was on a Freedom Planet review video, and someone outright admitted it that pixel art has always looked "ugly" and "inferior" to them when they grew up in the 80s and 90s. Here's the proof!

I'm Done Being A Game Developer 2rqm1jl

It's just... I can't take it anymore, like I said i'm bipolar, so reading comments like that just turns me into another character. fml.

And I agree with that statement that people don't appreciate retro games anymore, especially when I see people who take pixel art and they ******* filter that **** and vectorize it and it looks ******* ugly. Like they take the pixel art games and turn the graphics into diagonal lines.

I'm Done Being A Game Developer Pixelartup
What the unholy **** is this ****! What the **** is that! You're telling me that the image on the left is inferior to that new up to date, ugly ass cumdumpster **** of a ******* vectorized piece of ******* ****? What the **** is happening in this world!? Oh and of course it's made by boing boing, that biased ass piece of ******* **** site needs to ******* die, as they like to insult other people's preferences as well, such as fashion, music, etc.

Seriously! That's like taking an old black and white classic movie and colorizing it, it doesn't look right! They didn't do that to citizen kane! They didn't do it to casablanca, why take the past and ******* ruin it. You see, I used to review movies and I noticed that the movie industry, they always gave movies of all genres a chance. Why is it that the gaming industry is the most biased ******* industry on the planet. They're up there with the music industry, they're, "Genre-ist", they like to insult genres and people's preferences for that said genre and think theirs is superior, like **** off with that ****! If a pixel art game comes out, ******* appreciate it for once, atleast play the goddamn game and give it a try... ****, I feel like a broken record, but that's what the internet will do to an 18 year old going psycho.
whydoyoufeel
whydoyoufeel

Male Posts : 510
Birthday : 1999-10-31

https://smbx1dedboi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down